Monday, July 22, 2013

Finished Chapter Thirteen

Well, I finished chapter thirteen today. Hooray! Yes, I am very excited at how well the first book to Yahnolite Histories is progressing. I am also excited because, by the end, this chapter took a direction I was not expecting. So amazing when the story uses me to bring it to life. It also blows my mind how smooth the writing process was for this chapter considering I had no plans/outlines for it at all. When I go in blind, it typically takes me an hour or so of typing, deleting, typing, pacing, thinking, and deleting again before I get a feel for it. Not to mention, I had planned on writing something else for chapter 13 (the original plans for 13 will now appear in chapter 14), but then a moment of realization/inspiration hit me and I couldn’t walk away from it. Good thing I didn’t either—the chapter will play a pivotal role later on in the story. It also brought more depth to two of the characters. So, tomorrow morning I will begin chapter 14, bringing me ever so closer to completing this beast. After six years of procrastination, several rewrites, a brief stint with a gambling addiction, and working on other projects, I finally feel good about the daily time slot I have allotted myself to work on this story and that alone.

Until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment