Sunday, September 1, 2013

Wow…Where to begin?

So, the first three weeks of the new school year are already over. If the rest of the year flies by this fast, I’ll be a happy man. Another summer break of writing like the one that just ended would be sublime. So far, not much writing has occurred since school began (none in the first week and a half), but I did come up with a game plan that will not only see me get closer to my publishing goals, but also save my sanity. I will write a page a day. Yes, that’s right, an entire page. No less, but more if I am capable and on a roll. I like this plan of mine, for me that is, because it surely keeps the pressure off. I figured that one page a day, for a little over two hundred days, and by summer, I should be finished with the novel and can work on other stories while pitching this one to publishers/agencies. I began this past Monday, August 26th, and have stayed true to my goal, with the exception of Friday and Saturday, due to a terrible cold/sinus infection. Now, this sinus infection probably came at the worst time and may be due to more than just the over abundance of pollen in the air. Last Wednesday, after an amazing writer’s club meeting with my new friend David Calvert, I smoked my last cigarette. I know…I know…I have said this at least two hundred and ninety-nine times (or five hundred more than that), but I am hoping that this is the last time I say it. As of 10:25 PM Sunday, September 1st, I have still not had a cigarette. Feeling good, but shaky, and am almost certain the withdraws have played part in weakening my body just enough to feel lambasted by this sinus infection/cold. I have popped so many different pills, I really am not sure I am entirely lucid. So, I will probably keep this short. Just wanted to post an update because it had been a couple of weeks. Hope the web finds everyone well and that we all venture out and check out the stars from time to time. It’s a beautiful world out there. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment