Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Obsessively paranoid

So, after I uploaded episode one of the Delicate Wrinkle Podcast, quite a few friends and acquaintances downloaded and listened to it. I honestly was not expecting that. But, listening to a podcast is not quite as involved as reading a two hundred page novel, so...
The responses were positive. A few suggestions (which was expected) but nothing major.

I have been obsessing over episode two since Friday of last week. What will I talk about? Don't want to give too much and go over an hour and a half. Is an hour and a half too long? Should I cut it down to an hour? What about content? I know, I'll two a "special" type of episode between each regular episode. But I can't do that after an introductory episode; it wouldn't make any sense.

So I gave into the compulsions and played MTGO. All freaking weekend. I kept winning free games. I couldn't stop. Didn't want to stop. Today, I fought the compulsion and refrained. My mind did a little reboot and is feeling better about the episode, which is now a day late. But I cannot dwell on time frames.

I am going to record tomorrow. Topic will be on OCD and how much the diagnosis surprised me and then five minutes later made all the sense in the world. If it sucks...it sucks. If no one likes it...no one likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment