Thursday, July 23, 2015

Anxiety

The waiting.
The anticipation.
For what?
And for how long?
I am not at a crossroads. That would make life a bit simpler. No, I am on the road with a rest stop to my right, a large amusement park of a distraction to my left, and the Goal ever forward. I can't see my goal, but I believe it is there. I have to. If not, then I took the wrong road.
But I should rest. The mind needs it. The soul yearns for it. I could push and bleed and cry and scream all to squeeze out a single sentence for some story I hope to finish one day. All to feel accomplished. Or, I could do what is necessary-push aside the anxiety, enjoy and praise the talents of friends instead of competing to see who's dream is more successful.
I must remember: The first one to reach his dream is not better than the one who arrives late. For some the journey is longer. Some are easily distracted. Others need to rest more frequently. A few chose the wrong road and had to backtrack. As long as we nurture our talents and turn the dream into a reality.

I refuse to bury it in the sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment